2.1
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

*****DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALER! Let me start by saying this is the first negative review I have ever written about any business.

On Wednesday, October 26th, I had already been approved by another dealership when I decided to complete an online application at Billion for a 2013 Nissan Rogue that was priced at $21,995 and had 36,322 miles on it. A salesman, Mitch, called me and said he could work with me on getting approved. I told him in no uncertain terms what I had to trade in, what I was willing to put down, exactly what car I wanted, and exactly what payment I could afford. I asked him politely not to bother going back and forth with me as I am very familiar with how buying a car works and I have no time for the game playing. I wanted to handle as much as possible online and over the phone so I could spend very little time at the dealership.

Mitch was very nice and said he would see what he could do. He texted me a couple of hours later and said he could not get me into the specific car I wanted but that he had a 2013 Rogue SV that he could get me into for around $19,000. He told me over the phone, without looking at my trade that he could give me $1,500 for my trade. I had a Chevy HHR or a Chevy Suburban to trade, and he said either one would work, it didn’t make a difference and the price would be the same (that makes zero sense as there is a large difference in the value of those two vehicles). The Suburban was my favorite so my husband, and I chose to trade the HHR. I was stuck at home with strep, so my husband went to test drive the vehicle the next day. They said the car we were supposed to get was at the mall and unavailable for a test drive, so they had him drive a car “just like it”. My husband liked the car and said we would take it. At this point, he gave them our debit card number to put a $200 deposit down on the car.

On Friday, I sent over all the necessary documents to get the paperwork completed. We were told that we could not pick the car up until Monday morning because it was inside the mall and they needed to get it out and cleaned up. First thing Monday morning, my husband and I went into Billion to fill out paperwork. The first thing they did was tell him that we would have to pay an extra $500 down because our trade had a “salvage title.” The car had never been in a wreck, and Billion had the VIN on Friday to run a Car Fax report to show this. It didn’t matter. They would not budge. We should have walked out at that point. However, we were excited and already jumped through all the hoops, so we decided to go ahead with the deal. While filling out paperwork, the finance manager, Jason Becker, informed me that he didn’t offer Credit Life on their vehicles because he wasn’t an insurance salesman (it was offered on my paperwork). I have had Credit Life included on every vehicle I have ever purchased from a dealership. I was puzzled but decided I would get speak to my insurance representative about it instead of dealing with Jason because he was rude. I just wanted to get the car and go at that point. Finally, after a long wait, they bring the car out…. not even close to what my husband test drove. It lacked a lot of the features we had specifically asked for and was also dirty inside and out. Who sells a “new” car that hasn’t been detailed? We were frustrated, but we needed to get back to our jobs, so we just left.

I was willing to let all those things go until I checked my bank account on Tuesday and my deposit had not been refunded. I called multiple times and got the runaround. Finally, after leaving three voicemails, the GM, Justin Voigt, called me. I told him the entire situation and that I was very unhappy with the Billion’s sleazy tactics. I told him I was the type of customer that would recommend great customer service to everyone I know, but I would also warn everyone about horrible service. He said he would make it right. He told me to call him first thing Wednesday morning if the funds were not in my account. They were not, and we ended up with an overdraft fee. I called Justin FOUR times, and he has yet to return my call. I wish I could just go back in time and purchase a car from a decent dealership. I will never shop at Billion again and will tell everyone I know about this mess. Lesson learned!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Billion Auto. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Billion Auto to issue a partial refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Billion Auto and billion auto nissan car trade-in for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Billion Auto?

Comments