On 2/5/15 I went to Billion Auto in Iowa City to look at a 2012 Kia Forte EX.It had 21,000 miles and was just under $12,000.
They have two other cars, exact same make/model/year. One has roughly 85,000 and the other 10,000 miles. They are all priced within $1,000 of each other(makes me wonder what's wrong with the 10,000 mile car). Well the Kia I looked at had visible front bumper damage, I didn't mind.
I was told, of course, that it was in great shape besides the cosmetic issues. I insisted on taking the car to my mechanic and thank goodness I did. When the previous owner caused the front bumper damage, by hitting a curb I was told, they bent the radiator and pushed back the cooling fan so it was resting against the radiator. With both being plastic, you can see the problems this would cause.
This is $2000 in damage. Brent, the salesman, said their techs stood by what they said(that the car was fine) and they had no clue about the issue. Well I don't work on cars and I could see the damage once the car was in the air so either he was lying or their techs are incompetent. I was also told that the tires were new-ish(they had more wear on them than the 360 mile difference from when the last owner sold the car to when I test drove it).
When I called Brent regarding the radiator to see if they would fix it he said they had already put enough money into the car and were not willing to fix it..what exactly did they have to fix on a car with 21,000 miles on it? or they were just lying and would rather find some sucker to buy the car hoping they didn't notice the issue. Either way, I was lied to and certainly don't appreciate it. Billion will never get my business and I will never recommend them either.
Oh, within hours of letting them know I was returning the car the price of it went up to just under $13,000 online(see attached picture with it at a cheaper price).Don't buy this car without making sure the radiator has been fixed(even then, bending it back into place will weaken it so buyer beware)
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- 2012 Kia Forte Ex
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Well, when many people told me not to buy a Volkswagen, I simply ignored them and thought, "they are a ford/Chevy die hard fan, what do they know?" Turns out,..."
- "I went to the Cherry Hill Kia dealership to purchase a second vehicle. They didn't have what I wanted so I went home. The next day I got a call..."
- "I'm seriously considering a lawsuit against ORV for FALSE advertising. If you own an ORV or Northwood trailer that has problems, please contact me, the more owners we have, the..."
- "Two weeks ago I was on my 30 minute lunch break and decided to go to Taco Bell, which is a 3 minute drive from where I work. When..."
- "Bought two multi chip packs. ALL the Fritos in both were stale old-tasting and hard. Noticed a couple holes near the bottom seal of the bag. Looks like glue and..."
- "I purchased four boxes of Pretzel Thins with Sea Salt and there is not a single whole cracker in the entire lot. The boxes were not crushed or damaged in..."
- "The counters at budget always try to upswell no matter what city I'm renting from and the answer is always no with exception of my last experience. The car was..."
- "I have had many issues!! 1. They have my insurance for my vehicles jacked up!! The lady who contacted me to resolve it gave me a NON WORKING email to..."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."