Grinnell, Iowa
1.8

I called on a Thursday and talked to Tyler Mullholland. He seemed a little pushy on the phone and didn't seem to want to listen to me (the potential customer). I didn't let that stop me from setting up and appointment for the following Saturday to see 2 trucks that I had found on their website. Tyler told me the 2 trucks were at different branch locations but he would have them there for me to see when I got there. When I arrived, Tyler was with another customer so I had to wait. When he became available, the trucks we talked about weren't on the lot. He then got a totally different truck for me to drive. Before he left the building to get the truck I asked him what the price was and reminded him my budget was 15000 or less. He brought the truck over and asked me to drive it. I asked him again what the price was and his response was something to the effect of...what do you want for a payment? I asked him again "what is the price?" again..another put off answer. I told him that if he wouldn't tell me the price I am leaving. He then stormed off to the manager's office and came back to tell me the price was around $23000. By that time, I knew what was going on and told him GOODBYE.

That salesman or the company training has made that company one of the places I will not go back to. I am not sure if I got the one bad salesman that works there, or if the company trains all employees to be that deceptive.

When he did not have the vehicles on the lot that he said he would have, then would not tell me the price on the bait and switch vehicle when I asked, I knew this was not a dealership I would do business with.

If you like bait and switch, and a salesman that does not listen to what you want, by all means, this is the place for you.

PS...I went about a half a mile down the road from Billion Auto to the Ramsey dealership and found a truck and bought it that day. After the deal was done, I told the salesman I worked with that he should send Tyler a thank you card for making me so mad that I went to them.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "make others aware of the practices of this company". This person is overall dissatisfied with Billion Auto. The most disappointing about billion auto sales representative at Billion Auto was bait and switch tactics and pushy salesman Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Toyota or Chrysler that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Billion Auto.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Billion Auto to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Billion Auto?

Comments